The program in Electrical Engineering will provide programs of the highest quality to produce world class engineers who can address challenges of the Millennium. It commits itself to impart the skills, knowledge and attitudes to create, interpret, apply and disseminate engineering to build better future for human kind. This department will endeavour to strengthen the facilities to provide solutions to relevant Electrical Engineering problems imparting the latest knowledge and skills to the undergraduates. Thus, developing graduates into the excellent Electrical Engineers, Entrepreneurs, Scientists, and Academicians which will enable them to start in the competitive world, in a professional and ethical manner, contributing to the progress of the nation.
- To create the supportive environment that facilitates learning the fundamentals and advances in Electrical Engineering.
- To impart the knowledge in Electrical Circuits, Power Systems, Electrical Machines, Power Electronics, Electrical Drives and Non-conventional Energy Systems.
- To provide excellence in education through dedicated teaching, innovation, industrial projects and research.
- To cater to practical issues by adapting to technical, economical and social trends.
- To imbibe self-learning attitude and professional ethicsTo prepare students to face challenges in the global environment.
The Department of Electrical Engineering was established in the year 1995. It runs three years Diploma Course in Electrical Engineering. Department is having good infrastructure and the resources in the form of faculty, library and well developed laboratories like Basic Electrical Lab, Machine Lab, switchgear & protection lab, Electrical Workshop, Electrical Measurement Lab and High Voltage Engineering Laboratory. The department has strong and continued interaction with industries and research organization like REL, L&T, and MSEDCL, MSEGCL. Every year Department is arranging industrial visit for second and final year students at least thrice in the year. Department is arranging career guidance programme through MCED. Almost 80% students go for higher education (B.E./B.Tech) in the reputed colleges in the state and country. Others are also getting absorbed through campus interview or direct approach in the reputed industries.